IGNOU Provisional Certificate Online: Complete Guide – Check Now
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is one of the largest open universities in India, offering various degree, diploma and certificate programmes to students across the country and abroad. If you have completed your programme successfully and want to get your provisional certificate online, here are the steps you need to follow:
- 1 IGNOU Provisional Certificate
- 2 Step 1: Check your eligibility and fee
- 3 Step 2: Register and log in on the IGNOU Degree Delivery Portal (IDDMS)
- 4 Step 3: Fill up the requisite details and upload documents
- 5 Step 4: Pay the requisite fee online
- 6 Step 5: Wait for the delivery of your provisional certificate
- 7 FAQs IGNOU Provisional Certificate
IGNOU Provisional Certificate
Step 1: Check your eligibility and fee
- You are eligible to get your provisional certificate online if you have completed your programme in the 20th to 36th convocation of IGNOU.
- The convocation dates and the term-end examinations covered are given below:
|Convocation||Date||Term-end Examinations covered|
|20th to 32nd||December-2007 to June-2018||December-2007 to June-2018|
|35th||26.04.2022||December 2020, June-2021|
|36th||03.04.2023||December 2021, June-2022|
- The fee for getting your provisional certificate online varies depending on your programme and convocation:
- Rs. 200/- for PG Certificate/ Certificate programmes for the students who have completed their Certificate programme in the 34th to 36th Convocation.
- No fee for PG Certificate/ Certificate programmes for the students who have completed their Certificate programme in the 20th to 33rd Convocation.
Step 2: Register and log in on the IGNOU Degree Delivery Portal (IDDMS)
- Visit the IGNOU Degree Delivery Portal (IDDMS) at and click on Student Registration/Login.
- If you are a new user, click on Register and enter your details such as enrolment number, name, email id, mobile number, etc.
- If you are an existing user, enter your enrolment number and password and click on Login.
Step 3: Fill up the requisite details and upload documents
- After logging in, fill up the requisite details such as programme code, regional centre code, address for delivery of certificate, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of your IGNOU IDENTITY CARD and GRADE CARD/PROVISIONAL CERTIFICATE in jpg/jpeg format having file size up to 100kb.
Step 4: Pay the requisite fee online
- After filling up the details and uploading the documents, click on Proceed to Payment.
- You can pay the requisite fee online through any of the following modes:
- Debit/ Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay) of any bank.
- Net Banking
- After successful payment of the fee, you can print the acknowledgement for future reference.
IGNOU Provisional Certificate
Step 5: Wait for the delivery of your provisional certificate
- After completing the online process, your provisional certificate will be dispatched by IGNOU to your address within a few weeks.
- You can also track the status of your provisional certificate by logging in on the IDDMS portal and clicking on Track Status.
- If you have any queries or issues regarding your provisional certificate, you can contact IGNOU at [email protected] or call at +91-01129572209.
I hope this article helps you get your IGNOU provisional certificate online. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.😊
FAQs IGNOU Provisional Certificate
- Q: What is a provisional certificate?
- A: A provisional certificate is a temporary document that certifies that you have successfully completed your programme at IGNOU and are eligible to receive your degree/diploma/certificate.
- Q: How long does it take to get the provisional certificate online?
- A: It may take a few weeks for IGNOU to dispatch your provisional certificate to your address after you complete the online process. You can also track the status of your provisional certificate by logging in on the IDDMS portal and clicking on Track Status.
- Q: Is the provisional certificate valid for all purposes?
- A: Yes, the provisional certificate is valid for all relevant purposes. You can apply for a job or higher education on the strength of this certificate. However, you should also collect your original degree/diploma/certificate from IGNOU when it is available.
- Q: How can I get my original degree/diploma/certificate from IGNOU?
- A: You can get your original degree/diploma/certificate from IGNOU by attending the convocation ceremony or by applying for it online. For more details, please visit .